Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Pit


Took the family today for lunch to The Pit in downtown Raleigh.  They have the best eastern north carolina barbecue in Raleigh and probably the best in North Carolina.  As you can see I had the double meat combo with chopped barbecue, fried chicken, cole slaw and baked beans.  Along with the barbecue being the best around the fried chicken is also.  The fried chicken has a nice light and crispy batter on the outside and the chicken is good and juicy on the inside.  The baked beans is my favorite side that I get there, and I believe I have tried them all.  On this trip I did not get the banana pudding, but I highly recommend it.  I know I have not gone into much detail on how good the food tastes.  That is because the food speaks for itself along with no matter what day of the week you show up for lunch.  There probably will be a wait, especially between 11:45am - 1:30pm, so get there as early as possible. 
The man behind these recipes is a man named Ed Mitchell and he is one hell of a pit master with tons of experience and you can read more about him here.  The Pit and Ed Mitchell have been featured on Throwdown with Bobby Flay, Man v. Food and numerous interviews on television morning talk shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment