Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sushi Pizza

Nikki's Restaurant Sushi Bar has the best sushi in Wilmington and some of the best I have ever eaten, and I have eaten at a lot of different sushi joints.  I have been eating there for at least 7 years now and remember when the only location they had at the time was the downtown location.  The best part about going to Nikki's is the fact that it is not just sushi.  They have different types of food from burgers, sandwiches, bento boxes, teriyaki dishes to lots of other food to choose from.  That is what makes it so unique.  If some people at your table don't care for sushi then there is plenty other stuff to choose from.  Lets move on to the best part.

The sushi pizza was only added in the last 4 months and it is awesome.  The first time I had it was back in December and since then I have gotten it with every meal.  I was down in Wilmington working for 6 days and 4 of those days I had Nikki's for lunch or dinner.  What was my go to item, oh yes the Sushi Pizza.  I do not know if they have it at the other 4 locations, but they do at the downtown location and that is all that I cared about on this trip.  It is not on the menu, but it is on the white board on the wall along with other speciality sushi rolls they have posted on it.

The Sushi Pizza has this great flavor combination that just explodes in your mouth.  It is a six inch tortilla shell (yes a tortilla shell), tempura rice on top of that, then spicy tuna, avocado, masago, green onion and sesame seeds to top it all off.  It is the perfect size to either split with someone or in my case have it all to myself.  It is proportional to eating a sushi roll, so depending on how much you want you could order a ginger salad or another roll.  To finish it all off, this is a great masterpiece that was created and I hope it is always on the menu.  If not then I will try to special order it and maybe protest outside the restaurant until it is brought back.

No comments:

Post a Comment